Saturday, June 23, 2007

Day 5 in Maui

Ah..finally a day I didn't have to wake up early!

  • Met up with Chris and Winnie in Lahaina. Rented some snorkel equipment and headed over to Kapalua for some snorkeling, since I really enjoyed going there last time I was in Maui. Water wasn't as clear as last time but still saw a good number of fish.
  • Next we wanted to head over to Black Rock (near Kapalua) as we heard the snorkeling there was good but didn't know exactly where to park. We did make it to the general area and at the advice of a guy on the beach snorkeled at the place we had stumbled upon (behind the Westin timeshares). Water was really clear and saw some really neat fish. The only problem was that I lost the clip holding the snorkel to the mask--whoops--and had a little trouble holding the tube up. Other than that it was great.
  • By this time we were pretty hungry, so had some lunch at Hula Grill at Whaler's Village. Restaurant turned out to be pretty cool--got in on some happy hour drink specials. The tables were all in the sand so gave it a nice beachfront feeling. Only problem was that a bird in the tree above our table used my head as target practice...gross! Luckily there were showers right behind the restaurant on the beach so it wasn't a problem washing it off.
  • After lunch, headed over to I'ao Valley and ended up bumping into Amy there. Went back to Lahaina afterwards and had dinner at BJ's. The menu's a little different than the ones I've been to in CA and food wasn't as good. For some reason, the logo on the restaurant was also different--but it's part of the same chain. We also had to wait a long time for a table. They also don't brew their own beer there, and there's just a small bar (no sports bar like the CA locations I've been to). They did have live music though.
  • We were pretty tired by the end of this so time to call it a night!
Here are some photos from the day (stolen from Winnie since I forgot to bring my camera that day):

Lunch at Hula Grill



The Phallic I'ao Needle
Downtown Lahaina
Lahaina at Sunset

No comments: