Sunday, July 22, 2007

Harry Potter got stuck in the mailbox! =(

Like many other people, I pre-ordered the final Harry Potter book from Amazon, eagerly awaiting its release. I actually didn't get standard (paid) shipping to guarantee its arrival on the release date even though it was <$3 more (yes I know I'm cheap..but the point was that a day or two wouldn't make a difference in the grand scheme of things so I figured I'd just get it whenever).

But Lo and Behold, as I opened my mailbox today, I noticed that I had a parcel key to open one of the compartments that holds stuff that doesn't fit in the normal mailbox. This could only mean one thing--that Harry Potter had already arrived!! (I don't have any other online orders I'm expecting.)

However, my excitement quickly turned into frustration and disappointment as I realized that parcel key wouldn't open the compartment! I tried jiggling, banging, and cajoling the locker to open..but no luck =( I'm guessing the package is somehow obstructing the lock, or the mailman gave me the wrong key--either way my book is trapped.

Noooooooo!!!!

Hopefully I can get this resolved soon!

No comments: